St Mary’s College, Hyderabad
Welcome to the College that empowers! At St Mary’s College, we believe that teaching, learning and research are equally important components of comprehensive education. A yearning to know, an urge to create, a substantive understanding of multiple perspectives on all things that matter, a conviction to raise aspirations all around and a commitment to push further the frontiers set by our own limitations are fundamental aspects of our academic culture. Thank you for considering St Mary’s College as one of your college options. We encourage you to understand well what is offered in each of our undergraduate programmes and know about our culture and values before you initiate the admission process.
The admission process at St. Mary’s College (Yousufguda, Hyderabad-45) begins with filling the Application Form (click here to apply).
If the results of your qualifying exams are still awaited or if you are unsure about which undergraduate programme you should be applying for, then you may fill the Pre-application Enquiry Form (click here to fill the enquiry form) and receive the application form link by email, once your enquiry is processed.
The admission process at St. Mary’s College begins with filling the Application Form.
Meet with the Admissions Counselors virtually (online) or in person on campus.
If confirmed as eligible for the desired program, then proceed to complete the provisional admission process.
- Minimum Requirements: 10+2 Cambridge, IB, ICSE, CBSE, TSBIE or equivalent certificate recognized by Osmania University.
- Applicants with Cambridge (CAIE) and other British qualifications may note that it is necessary for the applicant to have passed the GCE Advanced Level examination with at least 2 out of 3 subjects at A level in order to be considered for admission to an undergraduate programme at St Mary’s College. Applicants with IB Diploma or the IB Diploma Course (i.e. IB Certificate) must have secured a minimum of 24 credits and must have passed a minimum of three subjects at Higher Level (HL) and three at Lower Level (SL)
- Submit the Application Form online with full and accurate details, along with copies of documents asked for.
- Appear for the online counselling and interview when asked to.
- Selection is based on merit from among the candidates who have applied for the specific undergraduate programme.
- Upon provisional selection, the candidate and guardian will receive their respective login credentials to the St Mary’s College MPower IRP.
- Conditional admission process is completed on payment of fees for the first semester.
- Admission is confirmed only once the candidate submits all relevant documents within the stipulated time as mentioned in the declaration made in the application and they have been accepted by the College after scrutiny. This may even be after the commencement of classes.
Important to Note: If the conditional admission process is not completed within 48 hours of generating login credentials, the login credentials will be archived and it would be presumed that the student has changed his/her mind about joining St Mary’s College. Receipt of login credentials by SMS does not imply the completion of conditional admission process. Once the login credentials are archived, the seat will be given to the next student in the order of merit without the one to whom the seat was initially allotted having any claim on it.
Documents Required for Admission:
- Marks sheet(s) and pass certificate of the qualifying examination (Originals and copies to be submitted; Originals returned after verification)
- Transfer Certificate (Original to be submitted)
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Equivalency and Migration certificates (Required for candidates other than TSBIE, CBSE, and ICSE)
- Five copies of recent passport size colour photos
Note: Failure to submit any of the required documents will result in cancellation of admission without any claim.
Summary of the Process: The completed application form along with the required documents must be submitted for registration. The Principal, along with the Admissions Committee, will process all applications and provisionally select eligible candidates for admission based on merit. Selected candidates will be intimated to fulfill the necessary conditions within the given time frame. The final list of admitted candidates programme-wise will be given to the University for approval and generation of Hall Ticket number.
Note: Admission procedures are subject to change without prior notice.
College Fee is collected semester-wise. Semester fee must be paid in full and in advance, ahead of each semester, in single installments. College fees can be paid online through the IRP and by card or cash, at the fee counters on campus. All receipts are generated through the IRP irrespective of how the payment is made. The College charges LATE FEE for fee payment after the specified due date. If the student/parent so desires, the even-semester fee of the same academic year can be paid along with the odd-semester fee. Beyond that, there is no provision to pay College Fee for the subsequent academic year(s) in advance. A student who does not pay the semester fee even after the last date for payment with late fee may be considered as having withdrawn from the specific undergraduate programme in order to prevent further accrual of fee dues in the student’s account. Consequently, such students may not be included in subsequent lists of current students submitted to the University. No-Due Certificates will be issued only after all dues already accrued are cleared by the student.
St. Mary’s College is a self-financed institution, which does not receive any aid from the government or any other body. The college is fully funded by the fees paid by the students. Hence, it is important to note that a student joining St Mary’s College is doing so voluntarily and in full acceptance of the institution’s fee policy.
Students seeking EMI options to pay college fees can visit FINANCEPEER for more details. Annual fees of St Mary’s College can be converted into zero-interest 6 advance EMIs through FINANCEPEER. 9 EMI and 12 EMI options are available at low interest rates for St Mary’s College students. Financing is completely at the discretion of FINANCEPEER. St Mary’s College has no responsibility for or control over any processes or actions of FINANCEPEER or any other NBFC or Bank providing such facilities. Students and parents are advised to use their discretion at all times. To be contacted by a representative of the company, students/parents may visit the company’s website or make a request at the college fee counters.
We are delighted that you have expressed an interest to study at the St. Mary’s College. All applications for foreign or non-Indian students are processed by the Osmania University Foreign Relations Office (OUFRO). Foreign students pay tuition fees to the University directly and not to the College.
For information about St. Mary’s College, programmes offered and life at our campus, browse other pages of this website.
For information on Hyderabad, click here.
All foreign students (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India for more than 180 days on Student Visa (S) or Research visa (R) are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) and/or Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay, within 14 days of the first arrival irrespective of the duration of his / her stay.
For more information, click here.
The following Consulates and High Commissions are available for foreign nationals at Hyderabad: